Thursday, December 19, 2013

Assigned Reading


Starting tomorrow we are taking a three week Winter break from school. Tomorrow is a surprise trip with Grandma and once we return on Saturday it will be all fun and games. Every present is wrapped, most of the stockings are hung, the tree is totally trimmed. The days leading up to Christmas will be all about baking and relaxing and just enjoying each others company.

The days following Christmas, well who knows what kind of messes the children will get into. But me? I have some reading to catch up on. There is no doubt in my mind I can devour this stack in those three glorious weeks. Maybe a bit of Winter knitting thrown in for good measure? Those top two are my journals. Can one ever have enough journals? I'm still working on reading Nurturing the Soul of Your Family and it requires taking notes and journaling exercises. It's proving to be a more difficult read emotionally than I thought.

Earth Child by Sheehan & Waidner - This was gifted to me last year by my best gal pal and I absolutely love it. It will be our main source for Science projects this Spring and Summer and I want to get a head start by marking some stuff and maybe finding a few easy things to do with the small homeschool group I'm working on starting.

nom nom paleo FOOD FOR HUMANS by Michelle Tam & Henry Fong - I've read nom nom's blog for a long time and was so excited by her first cookbook. I preordered it in the Fall and just received it. I'm planning a full on Paleo/Primal detox starting January 1 so this will come in handy.

Magical Child by Joseph Chilton Pearce - loaned to me, looks like a very good read.

Nurturing the Soul of Your Family by Renee Peterson Trudeau - I've been reading on this one and am really enjoying it despite the fact that it is making me take a good hard look at myself and I don't necessarily like what I see.

Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv - I have wanted to read this for a while now and it was on my friend's bookshelf so I nabbed it!

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues by Tom Robbins - This will be a fun and raunchy re-read for me. It's been quite a while since I read it but I figured I would need a bit of mindless entertainment in my stack.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.