Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Randomness



The other day I stumbled across Penelope Trunk.

Then I fell down an Internet rabbit hole for a few days.

Fascinating. And not one bit surprising she has Asperger's.


I've also been knitting. A lot.
I'm head over heels crazy about Wool And The Gang.




And running. A little. With my darling husband.

I also visited an iridologist and started an herb regimen.

I miss yoga. I was practicing regularly then all of the sudden I just quit. It makes me really happy so I should be doing it, right?

And yay! My favorite combination of holidays is coming up next week. Thanksgiving/My Birthday! It's a fun fun week.


Have I mentioned lately how much I love homeschooling? I'm going to morph into one of those people that believes it is the best and only way. But I already do that with everything I am into so its not really a big surprise.


I read this darling darling story to my 7 & 8 year old Literature class at our homeschool co-op this past Monday. As a project to accompany the book, I gave them each a small ball of yarn and taught them to finger knit. I was amazed and delighted how quickly and easily they picked it up and how much most of them enjoyed it. The boys especially!

One of those super amazing things about homeschooling is the complete and total freedom it affords you. Can you imagine not having your day revolve around school hours? Just for fun we spent Monday evening at a friends cabin in the middle of Shady. The next morning we took a wee stroll in our pajamas before loading ourselves and the dogs up and heading home to start school. Still in our pajamas. I snapped these as we were appreciating the beauty of the early morning.


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm envious about the home school life, I am really am. I wish it could be done in my household but I don't know if I could do it, aside from the fact that the girls both say no, as does Colin. Boooo!

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.