Thursday, August 28, 2014

Smoky Smoked Salmon

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I love to put together mouthwatering and sometimes unusual combinations for my everyday breakfasts. And they always include eggs. Breakfast is not breakfast without eggs. If you ask me.

My family has fallen out of love with salmon fillets, so off the dinner rotation menu they went. But me? I still love salmon and am always including it in my breakfast. Smoked salmon is my go to because it keeps beautifully and is ready to go right out of the package. Now I'm pretty sure this is sacrilegious, but one day I decided I wanted my salmon warm, so I threw it in the pan next to the eggs that were happily frying themselves in coconut oil. I only let it set about 45 seconds to a minute per side and then plated it.

Bam.

My tastebuds were blown away. Just that tiny amount of direct heat from a cast iron pan elevated regular old smoked salmon to new levels. Saltier. Smokier. More salmony. Now, if I am including salmon on my breakfast plate it always goes into the pan first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.