Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sending It In

Earlier while out running errands, I stopped at the bank for a money order. Next stop was the post office with an envelope containing that money order addressed to Little Rock. I dropped the envelope in the box and became a bit emotional as I did.

In that envelope was the down payment that enabled me to schedule myself to have abdominoplasty in September. Just to clarify, that is a tummy tuck.

Whoa. Hold up. Plastic surgery?

Aren't you a Primal Hippie?

Why yes, yes I am. I believe in all things natural and do my best to live that way. But once you see the state of my belly after three kids, multiple large weight gains and losses, and two cesareans you will understand. I do plan on showing before pictures, but only until I have after ones to go along with them.

The loose skin on my abdomen cannot be touched by a clean diet and all the ab exercises in the world. I am only 31 and have a lot of years left to be rocking my body. I work hard, I eat right and I deserve to be completely happy with every part of my body. I'm not happy with my belly. I haven't been for 11 years.

I have a terrific surgeon in Little Rock and plan on keeping you updated on what I'm doing to prepare for my surgery.  I'll just go ahead and tell you that I will complete a Whole30 in the month leading up to it. For the summer though, I will keep to my workouts, limit my alcohol, stay away from grains, and try to live as primal as possible.

It's exciting, scary, emotional, and downright life changing.

Have you had any cosmetic procedures? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.