Friday, August 23, 2013

Everyday



A few days ago, I caught these two deep in a game of checkers. Cash taught her to play. That in itself is progress. Him taking the time to try and be patient with her makes me feel like we are finally moving forward.

I don't buy into the whole notion that siblings fight and there is nothing you can do about it. Growing up without brothers and sisters makes me want to help my children realize how important those relationships really are. Even at this young of an age. I want them to be friends. To take care of each other. Sure, there will be times they just don't like each other. A bit of bickering is okay. But I want to see more moments like these. In this game above he wasn't trying to let her win, nor was he trying to crush her completely. She's been working hard on not being a sore loser. I model it for her plenty when they are constantly beating me at any game we play.

I hope that sometime in the near future, her brother can be her best friend and vice versa. Until then I will take these small moments and capture them and hold them for further inspection and evidence that sibling relationships are totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.