Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sinfully Good Brown Sugar Brownies


These brownies? Right here? They make my husband weak in the knees. They are his kryptonite. So obviously I make them as often as I can and hold one under his nose while he is opening my credit card statement. Trickery? I think not. More of a redirection. Same method I used when my kids were babies and toddlers.


Sinfully Good Brown Sugar Brownies

Brownie
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
1/3 package cream cheese
1/3 cup brown sugar
splash vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave. Stir gently. Set aside.

Cream eggs and sugar. Add in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to wet. Mix thoroughly. Turn batter into greased (I use coconut oil) 8x8 pan.

Beat together softened cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, and sour cream. Spread over brownie batter evenly, then drag a knife through making swirls and whatnot. Just bring some of the brownie to the top.

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Use as bribery on your husband or kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.