Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Picture From Home

Some days when I run (like this morning) I have the overwhelming desire to run like Forrest. That is to keep running and running and running. Away from life, responsibilities, husbands, kids, and the like. But then I remember why I run. I started running to lose weight, but the further along I get the more I realize that I am running for me. For my unmitigated alone time, for stress relief, for health benefits. And for just enough time apart that returning home to this makes me smile. Cause when home is where you're loved ones are, you can't help but be happy. Even on a bad day.

7 comments:

  1. Someone looks happy to see you!!

    I had to laugh at the tag "run fat girl run" LOL I'm running too to lose weight, but ugh I just hate every second of it. Time to myself however? BLISS! And you're right, coming back is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you can't stay away for long from that cute face!

    same reason I offer to mow the lawn in the summers...45 minutes of just me and my ipod. And I can't hear anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to run when I was in my thirties, and I loved it. I can't do it now, but I do enjoy walking.

    What a little cutie in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't run in awhile but that's exactly why I enjoy it. I'm getting healthy and I'm by myself. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well next time you want to keep running, run up here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all want to run like Forrest sometimes. But love brings you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man her hair is getting thicker by the day I swear!

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.