Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Acne,

This has been a long time coming. I don't want to come straight out and tell you to get lost, because well, you've been around for quite some time and although I loathe you, I am also very good at pretending you're not even there. So most of the time I just ignore you and forget you exist and I realize that is no way to continue a relationship.

Acne, the time has come to just give it up. I am twenty-six years old, damn it! Back when puberty set it you were almost a welcome irritation. You made me realize that my hormones had really kicked into overdrive and I was well on my way to becoming a full blown woman, not to mention an angst rattled teen. I did my best to prevent your unscheduled appearances, say right before a date or a public speaking assignment. I tried to cover you up and only made myself look like the victim of a random pancake batter assault. Too much foundation and concealer, oh no. Not good. I popped you. Oh how I popped you. I spent hours in front of the mirror trying to rid myself of your existence. It was hopeless I know, but I held out, thinking that one day you'd grow tired of me and disappear for good.

But you haven't. And now....now I'm starting to get pissed. Your days are numbered acne. Get a head start cause war will be waged. With or without the fabulous skin care kit up for grabs over at A Bun's Life.

3 comments:

  1. I had put you in for two entries....thanks for commiserating with me!! It's nice to know I am not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.