Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Hope He Isn't Reading This.

I feel like I don't write about the hubby nearly enough. That is probably just fine by him as he loathes blogs, blogging, and all the wasted time spent in the blogosphere. But nevermind his fuddy duddiness cause he is a great guy.

Dooce just did a marriage meme and it inspired me to do my own. So here goes.

What are your middle names?
Well, that's a little too personal for me so I'll just say our middle initials are W and A.

How long have you been together?
Since 2004. Married since 2006.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Hmmm. We knew each other in high school and didn't start dating until 04' so that would be 4 years. Someone better check my math.

Who asked whom out?
Technically I asked him out. We had run into each other and talked on the phone a few times, but had not gone out. One night I was supposed to go out with a girlfriend and at the last minute she invited a guy to go with us. Knowing how she acted when it was anyone else but just the two of us, I dropped by his work and asked him to go with us so I didn't sit by myself all night.

How old are each of you?
I'm 26. He is 27.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Considering I don't really have siblings, we see his more.

What situation is hardest on you as a couple?
Personal freedom. Time spent with or away from kids. Making that time fair and so on. Staying home versus working versus me needing a break, then him needing a break after work. It's tough but worth it.

Did you go to the same school?
No. Well once we did. We went to the same community college at the same time for about a semester. He went to a few colleges though.

Are you from the same hometown?
No. Our hometowns are about 20 miles apart.

Who is smarter?
Tough one. I am going to be truthful and say him. He has a broad knowledge of lots of things and can talk politics and economics and such. My intelligence is limited to literature and parenting. I kind of like it like that.

Who is the most sensitive?
Umm, me.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Nowhere now. When we lived in a more metro area we frequented a cajun place called Cafe'Rue Orleans. Best crawfish, oysters, steak, gumbo, etc. ever!

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Vegas.

Who has the craziest exes?
I don't know very much about any of his exes but what I do know, I'm going to say he does. My exes aren't crazy, just unqualified to be my significant other.

Who has the worst temper?
Toss up. I have a quicker temper but cool down easily. He takes a while to heat up, but when he does it is bad.

Who does the cooking?
I do, but only out of necessity. I'm here when the cooking needs to be done. When he does cook it is an exercise in heat and usually very colorful and tasty. I wish he cooked more. He's good at it.

Who is the neat-freak?
Me. I walk around the house freaking out about crumbs, socks, stray toys. The list goes on and on.

Who is more stubborn?
We both used to be extremely stubborn, but that is one of those things we've both worked on. We're getting better. We swear. We will not change our minds about this.

Who hogs the bed?
Ooooh, he does. He does.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Out of necessity again. Someone has to get up with the baby.

Where was your first date?
Dave's on Dickson. We saw a show the last night before the place closed. But if you want to go way back, we once ate lunch together at the Subway on the campus of the college we both attended. I remember we were both nervous and all we talked about was books and authors. Many burnt out brain cells later, I still remember that lunch and the impression he left on me.

Who is more jealous?
Me. I think.

How long did it take to get serious?
About a month or so. We both had to quit those other people we were seeing or stringing along before we made it serious.

Who eats more?
I eat more often, but smaller amounts. He eats less often but in much larger quantities.

Who does the laundry?
I do mine and the kids and the linens. He does his. He doesn't like the way I fold things.

Who's better with the computer?
He is. It runs in the family.

Who drives when you are together?
I do most of the time. His track record isn't so great.

1 comment:

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.