Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Link and Books

I've spent the last week both adoring and despising the iOS 10 update. I love the ease of use and all the amazing improved features, especially the cool things you can do with your photos now. I can't stand having to use my home button to open it up. Anyone else feel like the home button is going to straight wear out way too quickly now? And not to mention the pesky fact that I am having issues sending and receiving texts from non iPhones. Here is where you tell me to be quiet and grateful that I even have such a handy device at my disposal...


I've been reading... well, a lot actually. After finishing up some very entertaining shows on Netflix (Jane the Virgin anyone?) I have been plowing through my reading stack and vowing not to add anymore to it until I have reached the surface of my bedside table. Basically, I've got to read fast because I'm pretty sure I bought a bunch of new books on Amazon last night after a few glasses of wine. Don't Drink and Prime y'all!

Here is what I've made it through:



All The Pretty Things by Edie Wadsworth - This is a must read! I've mentioned before that Edie's blog was a big source of inspiration and comfort when I was feeling so very lost spiritually. Her memoir shows the beauty and grace of a life that could have easily gone a very different way. Appalachia characters are much like the ones from my own life. She tells her story beautifully and honestly.

Shirt of Flame by Heather King - This is the first thing I have read from Heather, but I immediately ordered another book upon finishing this one. She spent a year attempting to walk with Saint Terese and the resulting story is heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time.

The Catholic Catalogue by Melissa Musick and Anna Keating - Are you a new convert? Are you a cradle Catholic? Are you just now rejoining the church? And most importantly, do you love the ritual and tradition of the liturgical year? If so, buy this book immediately.
(You never really finish The Catholic Catalogue. I read it once through but keep it on hand for reference.)

I also just purchased this planner (does that count as a book?) from Catholic Sistas. Its a liturgical calendar that you can pre-order now to be shipped out early November. I love that it has upcoming feast days and events so that you can plan ahead. I have high hopes of really celebrating the liturgical year to its fullest.



And lastly, a few links to share with you.

I need this clutch. You need this clutch. This is the ultimate clutch.

Awwwww...this warms my heart.

I always buy my kids books for birthdays and Christmas...this list helps cover the boys.

Also, I'm back on Twitter under a new handle. Find me!


1 comment:

  1. I want to read All The Pretty Things but havent worked myself up to ordering it yet. I guess if it's that good....

    Love the clutch, but I need a satchel! lol

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.