Thursday, July 28, 2016

On My Bookshelf




In the last month I've read:

Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure - okay...this faith thing is a little new to me and its been only recently that I've thought about enlisting divine help in regards to my health and fitness. I think Candace Cameron Bure is an absolute doll and I admire her commitment to all things. In this book she lays out how she handed over an eating disorder to God and found a sustainable model of health.

Raising Grateful Kids In An Entitled World by Kristen Welsh - I came across Kristen's blog not too long ago and really liked her conversational style of writing. She always has some great pieces on parenting and I was eager to read her book. It didn't disappoint. Not just another parenting book, it is thoughtful and reads like a really good story with just the right amount of advice thrown in.

My Badass Book of Saints by Maria Morera Johnson - I really wanted to love this book and it had some great stories, but it didn't captivate me nor would I quickly recommend it to a friend.

How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich - Hands down the best book I've read on marriage and relationships. I give this book 5 stars and urge you procure a copy immediately. It has been a tremendous help in my own self-realization and its truly not boring like a lot of books in this genre can be. I love that it is written from both of their perspectives as a married couple and as counselors. I can guarantee you will find a bit of yourself and your love style in there and take away invaluable advice on how to better connect with your spouse.



On my bedside table waiting their turn:

Little Sins Mean A Lot by Elizabeth Scalia
Victory Over The Darkness by Neil T. Anderson
Confessions by Saint Augustine
Out of Solitude by Henry Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.