Friday, November 21, 2014

Why I'm Kinda Pissed About Dr.Oz and the Whole30

First off let me say, I am a supporter of the Whole30. I've tried it several times. Nearly made it all the way through before calling uncle. But it was enough to see the results. And I've done my Paleo dance for a few years. So this is in no way negative against the actual Whole9 program or Paleo lifestyle.

This is about selling out.

I get it. You want to reach millions more people and help them see the error of their ways. Lead them on the path to righteous eating. You've been featured on Good Morning America, Nightline, and many other news outlets and shows. You currently have the # 22 best selling health book on Amazon under Health, Fitness, & Dieting. It's a New York Times bestseller. You are making money and helping people.

But why?

Why Dr. Oz?

The man that touts everything as a miracle. A man that admitted that many of the things he promotes are scams. A man that probably never tries anything he features. A man that cares about nothing but money and success.

You are one step away from being Oprah's personal chefs while she gives this Whole30 thing a go.

I thought you were better than that. I thought you were pure. I thought Paleo and the Whole30 wouldn't be turned into some mass marketing consumerism monster.

I first read It Starts With Food in 2012. That was quite a long time before it was trendy to do a Whole30. And I've noticed recently the creators, Melissa and Dallas,  reprimanding people on social media for Paleofying foods and calling them Whole30 compliant. Well what do you think is going to happen when you take your amazing (yes I do think it is amazing) program to Dr. Oz and the like? No one is going to take you seriously anymore. I sure as heck don't. And allowing white potatoes to be Whole30? What??? I love white potatoes too but I can surely give them up for 30 days.

Don't make it easier on people.

Going on Dr. Oz just made it easier on people. Going on Dr. Oz was total SWYOP (sex with your pants on for those of you who don't know the program).

Remember what you said about drinking your coffee black? It's not that hard.

Well it isn't that hard to not let Dr. Mehmet Oz endorse your program.

Okay. Rant over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.