Monday, April 14, 2014

The End & The Beginning

The other day I cut into this gorgeous butternut squash.

002 copy

 

After a roast in the oven it was turned into Butternut Sage Soup.

006 copy

It was the final butternut from last year’s Fall harvest. A fitting end to the whirlwind of Spring and Summer. We’ve spent the last few weeks working the ground, building new beds, coaxing seedlings into new homes, shoveling compost, reaping the bounty of sunshine happy chickens.

024

I pretty much should just plant Cilantro. It’s my favorite. I believe you are firmly either pro-cilantro or you hate it. If you don’t like cilantro, I’m not sure we can be friends.

040 copy

And fraternizing with goats. They provide much comedic relief. And milk. Obviously milk.

044

This is the beginning of the busy season. Lots of work but lots of relaxing. I’m truly looking forward to sitting down by the garden with a drink in the heat of summer. And nights on the back porch by the glow of the twinkle lights.

But just for reference, its supposed to get down to nearly 30 degrees tonight.

Seriously?

Hella Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.