Monday, December 2, 2013

31



Another year.

I'm older, but am I wiser?

Not sure yet. But I'm working on it.

Here is what I am reading:

For myself---
Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety - Sacha Z Scoblic
Drinking: A Love Story - Caroline Knapp
The Well Educated Mind - Susan Wise Bauer

With the kids---
The Odyssey- Homer  (children's version by Gillian Cross)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling

What I'm doing:

knitting
downing lots of herbs
repeating small mantras
attempting to ignore wine
cooking
yoga

Sagittarians have a reputation for being eternal learners. It's true. I soak up knowledge like a sponge. I am always interested in learning all I can about what I am interested in. Thirty-one seems like a year for doing even more of that. Thirty-one seems like a year to finally get truly healthy and kick all the junk I preach about on a daily basis but still indulge in. Thirty-one seems old, but I know its not.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    I wish I was 31 again! Definitely young.

    Those books, the first two at least, are amazing. Me, I am back on the wagon. Not sure for how long, but so far so good as I cruise into Day 5. I'm hoping to go through the holidays without wine, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.