Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rise






Last night I went to sleep at 9pm.

Wait....that's untrue.

Last night I drank three beers and went to sleep at 7pm on the couch and then woke up at 9pm and put myself to bed properly.

In my defense I did get up at 5:30am and work out. I also did that again this morning.

I used to be an early to bed early to rise kinda gal. Like every day. And you know what? I loved it! I was more productive. I was healthier. I actually enjoyed exercising. I drank less.

And of course I had to bring that up. The pesky drinking thing. I feel like I spend a lot of the little time I am actually on this blog whining about drinking.

I picked myself up a nifty little leather cuff the other day to add to my collection. I had the word balance inscribed on it. I was going to go with moderation but that was a bit wordy. Thats all I want. All I am seeking on a daily basis. Balance and moderation. Moderation and balance. Just staying on an even keel. Sure life can be tumultuous but just because the boat is rocking doesn't mean you have to fall off.

Here's to another early bedtime this evening and the fortitude to rise with the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.