Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's For Dinner? Chicken!


We thought it might be nice to offer the chicken a bit of wine. You know to ease its nerves before we cooked it and ate it.



Oh now! You know I am just playing. We don't eat our chickens. Just their eggs.

This recipe is not about eggs though, it focuses solely on split chicken breasts with the skin on. This is probably my favorite part of the chicken. I like the juiciness you get when you leave the bone in and the time it takes to actually eat it. The longer it takes to eat, the more I enjoy it.


So you need 4 split chicken breasts.

Make a mixture of 2 tablespoons capers, 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes and whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. I used oregano, basil, and rosemary.



I also let me chicken marinate in plain old balsamic vinegar for an hour or so in the fridge. They end up looking like this. Tasty?

Separate the skin from the meat and stuff in handfuls of your amazing mixture. Use sea salt and course ground black pepper on the skin and throw them on a preheated grill on low.  

Skin side down first to kinda of seal in all the goodness. Keep an eye on them and let them roast for an hour or so. Be careful because the skin will burn easily and while I don't mind that some people do.


Sit back and pour yourself a drink and watch your birds cook. Or your husband mow the lawn. Whatever your fancy. We enjoyed these grilled stuffed chickens with some amazing homemade marinara and pasta, zoodles, almonds, soft Swiss cheese, and kalamata olives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.