Monday, August 31, 2009

Hurts So Good

So I've been exercising. Not sure if I had shared that little tidbit with ya'll or not. Probably because I didn't want to look like a complete fool when I quit after one day of walking. Walking being the least strenuous exercise one could do, besides lifting an Oreo to your mouth which would be completely counterproductive. Duh!


I've walked 12 miles in the last 7 days. Not too shabby for a self proclaimed couch potato. But I decided I need to take it up a notch and I got my chance after reading about the 30 Day Shred. Reviewers of Jillian Michaels' amped up workout DVD claim they can't even squat down to sit on the toilet after the second day. The DVD cover itself says you'll lose up to 20lbs in 30 days. So I decided to give it a shot. After all, it's only thirty days and if I don't tell anyone I'm doing it then I won't feel like such a loser when I quit. Except I went and signed on with another bunch of crazy women bloggers and we're documenting all the gory details of our 30 Day Shreds over at Shredding in September.

So now I will be shredding in addition to walking three miles on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I also asked Supergrandma to pick up some hand weights for me to use with the DVD. She went me one better and grabbed some leg weights for my walking days. Now not only do I get extra sculpted calves, I get to look like a dorkfish while walking the park as the whole town drives by. Hi there! I'm the one with giant black leg warmers. Don't mind me, just trying to get all hot and sexy while wearing these super stylish leg weights.

No really. I kid. I'm glad she's helping me out. She is a great motivator. Just looking at her makes me want to drop that piece of pizza and put my hands in the air. In fact, I had another genius idea for increasing my motivation to walk faster and shred harder. I'm going to picture both of these extremely good looking men is in front of me and if I can just catch up to them, then they are all mine. Yum!



By the way, the shred officially starts tomorrow. So if for some reason I don't post, it's because I can't lift my fingers to type or I'm laying prone on the bathroom floor trying to make my muscles move. Either way, send help.

7 comments:

  1. I have wanted to get this myself! I know a girl who lost a ton of weight doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been shredding for 2 weeks now (three times a week). I like it. Level two was do-able for me after the first couple of go arounds but level 2 is still kicking my butt. I can't even think about level 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss D- Well get on it girl!

    Tori- I'm scared to even start it and I know i'm not in as good a shape as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good freakin luck.

    I jumped right in on Level 2...hello? Huge mistake. I couldn't walk/move for 2 days.

    Also, Natalie? Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck! I'm hoping that with the kids in school and all the house fixing-up we have to do, I can burn off something. Not sure I could handle anything quite as fierce as that DVD however...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindy- Wow! You must have really regretted that. I'm regretting one day of level one. I need better motivation than Gerard and Johnny.

    TOM- Yeah. I'm cool like that.

    Susan- I'm sure you will. Any exercise is good exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.