Saturday, November 1, 2008

Long November

I love November.

Maybe its just for selfish reasons, being as how I was born this month. No I don't love getting older, just November. The name itself is kind of...
Well, I can't think of the right word, but it just sounds like a fall month. November smells like fall. Leaves, wood smoke, turkey.

On the topic of getting older, there is not much to say. I'm still young, I haven't hit thirty yet. Not that thirty is old, but compared to twenty, it sort of is. But believe me, I am more than halfway there. I wonder if I will cry when I turn thirty? Probably not. I'll most likely get busy with my hubby and relish in the fact that no one can call me a twentysomething anymore.

Intermission

I just tucked the boys in and read them What Do You Do With a Kangaroo? by Mercer Mayer. If you have children and don't have any Mercer Mayer books, then get yourself to a Barnes & Noble pronto. I am one of those types that will stay up twelve straight hours to finish a book. I get lost when I read, time around me stops. If I had nothing else to distract me, reading would be an excellent weight loss aide. I would just forget to eat if I could read as much as I want. The Hubby does not get it. He doesn't read, doesn't want to. He always chides me about the dozens of novels lying around that I have read cover to cover numerous times. He says that if he did read, it would be nonfiction. I don't want to read about real life, I am living it. I want a good story. A well written book is like watching a movie in your head, but so much better.

I hope if my kids get anything from me (besides my beautimous looks) that it is my love of literature. Nearly everything I know I read somewhere, sometime, and never forgot. And on that note, I'll end with a line from one of my favorite songs.

I read somewhere that you've got to beware. You can't believe anything you read. -Jack Johnson

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with novels. My first memories as a kid was reading and I swear, I spent most of my childhood and pre-teens with my nose in a book...I agree with you on hoping the kids get my love of literature.

    I'm turning next June and I don't think it will be so bad. Everyone says 30s are SO much better than 20s and I'm starting to think they're right. I'm actually excited to be 30 even though I'm not excited to say I'm 30, you know ;)

    Gosh, I haven't seen you around for SO long, girlie...thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30....if you cry, I shall have to bop you. I will be 40 in January! LOL Honestly, I love the 30's more than I did the 20's. People take you more seriously, you have more life exp. And, it's just a more enjoyable decade, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember you will always be older than me HEEHEEEEEE!!

    ReplyDelete

Now play nice and for every comment you leave, I'll buy you a pony.